Winners will be notified after the auction ends and once all bids have been processed to determine the winner for each lot
As used herein the term “bid price” means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser and the term “purchase price” means the aggregate of
(a) Winning bid price (Hammer price),
(b) A PREMIUM PAYABLE BY THE PURCHASER OF 15% + 3%
(c) California state or local sales tax.
(d) Shipping & Handling cost
A Buyer’s premium amounting to 15% of the winning bid amount will be added to the purchase price of each lot plus 3% Auctionzip.com fee. The winning bidders acknowledge and agree to pay a total of 18% premium on top of the winning bid price.
Placing a bid is a legally binding obligation. There are no returns or exchanges. USJL is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the description, graphics or photography provided or in the bidding software. Due diligence to verify the condition and description of a lot is the sole responsibility of the Bidder prior to placing any bid. Returns may only be made with the advance written authorization of USJL and are in USJL’s sole discretion to approve. To request a return you must provide a written request fully explaining the basis for the return no later than 3 days after your receipt of the lot. Under no circumstances will any amounts other than the winning bid amount be refunded. A restocking charge of 30% of the full invoice amount may apply in USJL ‘s sole discretion. Any allowed returns must be received in exactly the same condition as when originally shipped to Buyer, or they will be returned to buyer at Buyer’s cost. Any unauthorized returns will be refused. DELIVERY REFUSAL OF ITEMS SHIPPED BY US JEWELRY LIQUIDATION TO THE BIDDER CONSTITUTES AN UNAUTHORIZED RETURN IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF THESE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Payment of the winning bid amount, buyer’s premium and shipping/handling charges will be made at the time the auction is reconciled and invoiced (email) by USJL, All payments are due at the time the auction is invoiced by USJL. All other payments are required to be received by the 4th day’s mail delivery following the invoice being sent by email. In consideration of USJL’s approval of the application of the Bidder to bid in USJL’s auction, Bidder hereby authorizes HSJ USA, Inc. to charge the credit card currently or previously on file provided by Bidder as specified herein. A $50 handling fee will be assessed for each declined credit card transaction and Bidder agrees to such charge. Requests for other payment arrangements will only be considered prior to the opening of bidding in any auction.
We provide handling, packing and shipping services solely as a convenience for our Bidders. Because Bidders most often opt for these services, we include an ESTIMATED AMOUNT in the auction invoice.
We ship primarily by USPS priority mail within a commercially reasonable time following credit of the Bidders payment to our account. On average, a Bidder may expect to receive their items within 4 weeks following their payment. The actual cost of shipping, insurance, registry and confirmation services is charged to the Bidder, as well as a packing/handling fee not to exceed $3 per item, to defray the cost of labor involved. Large, heavy, fragile or otherwise unusual items will incur additional charges. Under special circumstances, USJL may ship items using USPS Express Mail, private carriers or pack and ship enterprises, the cost of which shall be charged to the Bidder. USJL will not entertain shipment using lower classes of mail due to the increased risk of loss. Requests earlier shipment or special handling may be accommodated on a limited basis at USJL’s sole discretion and may incur additional handling charges. All costs charged to a Bidder’s original invoice are estimates and USJL reserves the right to charge additional amounts if such estimates are exceeded and Bidder hereby agrees to such additional amounts. USJL may, at its sole discretion, combine the shipment of items from multiple auctions over a 7-day period to reduce shipping costs.
All US domestic shipments are insured at the total bid amount contained in the shipment (other add-on charges are not covered by insurance). The estimated cost of insurance is included in the Bidder’s invoice.
Shipments to Hawaii, Alaska, US Territories and Foreign Countries – Shipping and handling charges to these locations are higher and often require registry or express mail. Insurance coverage to foreign locations may also be limited by the shipping carriers. USJL will ship items to foreign locations using the same classes of mail and additional postal services that it uses to ship to US locations, to the extent that such services are available, and, insurance coverage may be limited or unavailable. IT IS THE FOREIGN BIDDER’S OBLIGATION TO BE AWARE OF AND INSTRUCT USJL REGARDING ANY ALTERNATIVE SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS WHICH MAY BE DESIRED TO INCREASE INSURANCE COVERAGE. USJL will not be liable for any shortfall of insurance either on foreign shipments or on the non-coverage of additional invoice charges exceeding bid amounts.
Foreign Bidders are solely responsible for the compliance with all export and import requirements of the items they purchase, both out of the US and into their country of delivery. To the extent that USJL is required to assist foreign Bidders in these matters, the labor cost incurred in by USJL will be billed at $30 per hour.
Storage fees of $5 per day per item will apply to all items held for any Bidder after the normal shipment date due to circumstances existing at the Bidder’s delivery location.
Our responsibility for damage to or loss of any lot ends once it has been turned over to the USPS, or other shipping enterprise for delivery and/or packing. By bidding, the winning Bidder agrees that any and all claims for loss or damage to the lot will be handled solely through the insurance claims process or the carrier and acknowledges that insurance may be subject to deductibles or other limitations which are not the responsibility of USJL.
No items will be shipped to any Bidder for any particular auction until all charges for the auction have been paid in full and all funds have cleared. Even if paid in full, no items will be shipped to any Bidder for any particular auction if the Bidder has any balances with USJL from other auctions which are not in compliance with the provisions of PAYMENT above, until such balances are paid in full and all funds have cleared. USJL may, at it’s sole discretion, require any Bidder to return a signed sales receipt prior to shipping.
At US Jewelry Liquidation your satisfaction is our main priority, and we want to make sure that you are truly satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied for any reason, simply return the unused item in its original condition within 3 days.
Gold Coins, Loose Certified Diamonds and Pre-owned luxury watches are neither non-refundable nor qualified for auction credit.
The Easy Return Process:
Our simple easy return policy makes it very easy to return a qualified item. Simply follow the instructions below:
1. Return Merchandise Authorization # (RMA #): email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Toll-free at 1-800-264-2254 to let us know that you would like to return your item. We will give you an RMA number. Write the RMA number in the original invoice that we have sent you. Returns will not be accepted without this number.
2. Box Your Return: Safely put the item you are returning in a secured box, and include all original packaging, the invoice, and certificates. Security tags on the item must be intact otherwise we cannot accept your returns. For security reasons do not write jewelry on the box. Return shipping costs are sole responsibility of the customer.
3. Insure your Package: Insuring your package is extremely important. Please also make sure to get a tracking confirmation for your package.
4. Payment Refund: Upon receiving the package, our quality assurance team will review the item. Upon their approval we will issue a refund within 5 business days in the original payment method, except for wire transfers, which will be refunded with a company check. Buyer’s Premium is not refundable.
5. Auction Credit: Upon receiving the package, our quality assurance team will review the item. Upon their approval the winning bidder will get full hammer price and buyer’s premium that they can use to purchase for another item in any upcoming auctions.
• All items must be returned in their original condition, without scratches or signs of wear, and rings/watches must not be resized or altered in any way.
• Products that have been worn, damaged or altered are not refundable, and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
• Products without tags are neither non-refundable nor qualified for an auction credit.
• Diamonds and other items that included a Diamond Certificate must be returned with the original Certificate. If the certificate is not included we must deduct $300 per certificate, from the amount being refunded.
• Items accepted for refund after the 3-day return policy has expired are subject to approval by US Jewelry Liquidation management and done on a case-by-case basis. All refunds that have been approved beyond the initial 3 days will be subject to a 30% restocking fee.
• Although we do offer free shipping, we do incur the cost of shipping for every order. Therefore, we do not refund our shipping cost.
Please follow the return instructions exactly as specified to prevent failure of refunding your order. We will refuse receipt of improperly packaged and/or uninsured packages. We will not be responsible for losses or damages during shipment.